ASA In-Town soccer is designed for players entering kindergarten through 4th grade (5th graders have the option of playing in the In-town or Travel programs). The primary goal of In-Town play is exercise and having fun. Players will receive help with improving balance and coordination, as well as giving them lots of opportunities to dribble and play with the ball. ASA hopes that the activites in In-Town play help players with socialization, coordination, encouragement of problem solving and, most of all, having fun.
Little Kickers (U6/Kindergarten): The Little Kickers program runs a little differently than other In-town age groups. All sessions will be run for about an hour. The first 30 minutes of each session is dedicated to training exercises and learning skills. The last 30 minutes is used to play a game. There is a 5 minute, “half-time” period between the skill session and the game for a team snack.
In-Town Uniforms TOP
All in-town players (other than Little Kickers kindergarten program) will need a white jersey, gold jersey, socks and shorts. Last year's uniforms can be re-used. Uniforms can be purchased as a full kit or by the piece at the Andover Hockey Shop at 342 Main Street, Shawsheen Square. Travel players and Little Kickers will receive uniforms from their team's coach. Please note that the In-Town uniforms run approximately one half to one full size larger than true sizing.
Team, Coaches and Schedules TOP
In-town boys and girls soccer is for players in kindergarten through grade 5.
Age Group Coordinators (AGC) TOP
Register for In-Town Soccer for boys or girls.
Safety and Field Etiquette Reminders TOP
ASA would like to remind all players and parents of some of our basic safety and field etiquette rules:
- ASA has adopted a Parents Code of Conduct.
- Children should NEVER be allowed to hang or climb on the goals.
- Dogs are not allowed on any fields during practices or games.
- No jewelry of any type and no hard casts may be worn during games or practice sessions.
- If there is clearly audible thunder or a flash of lighting, all fields at that location must be cleared, play may not resume until there has been a 30 min. period without thunder or lighting, this will generally cancel an in-town game then in progress, players and spectators should take shelter in their cars and NOT in school buildings or under trees.
- Good sportsmanship is mandatory. ASA and ECYSA have a NO TOLERANCE POLICY with regard to rude language or heckling of game officials, players or coaches.
- "Trash talking" among players should not be tolerated and all players should respectfully shake hands following each match and thank the game official (if any).
Field Locations TOP
A complete list of field names and locations.
Rules of the Game TOP
Read our great guide on Soccer for Parents
Frequently Asked Questions TOP
Our list of FAQ's.
Parent Information TOP